ALPINESTARS SLIPSTREAM RIDER PACK

When I traded in my XL125V Varadero for my new Honda CBR250R I knew that I would lose valuable luggage space as there wasn’t a Genuine Honda top box available for the CBR250R. This didn’t put me off buying the new bike as I loved the looks and styling of the CBR250, it just meant that I would need to find an alternative way to carry stuff to work.
I was having a browse on www.motorbikeplanet.co.uk when I came across a whole section dedicated to back packs and hand luggage. Most of the back packs are made by Alpinestars so I already knew that the quality of these back packs would be amazing as most of my riding kit is made by the same brand.  Usually I pop down to see the guys at Honda Of Bournemouth who run the Motorbikeplanet web site. However, I was busy at work with overtime so I decided to buy one on-line. The web site is really easy to use. The most difficult thing is trying to decide what not to add to your basket! Anyway, the Alpinestars Slip Stream rider pack seemed like the most sensible option for me.
I ride in all weathers so I needed a back pack that could cope with keeping my belongings dry in the heaviest of downpours. The Slipstream pack has a weather proof coating and waterproof seams and zips so it it’s perfect for my needs.
I also carry my laptop to and from work every day so I needed a bag which was large enough to accommodate the lap top but padded enough for me to be confident that the computer would be protected from the bumps and jolts of the potholed roads. The Alpinestars Slipstream bag fits the bill perfectly. The bag has a capacity of 21.5 litres so is plenty big enough for my needs.  The zip opens from about three quarters of the way down the bag and goes over the top and down the other side so the opening is big enough to get the laptop in easily. There is a flap over the laptop pocket with a Velcro tab to hold it down securely and plenty of smaller storage spaces inside perfect for my mobile phone, wallet, pens and other useful bits and pieces. The main compartment is great space to store my lunch and a bottle of water. I even store my waterproofs in there when needed. There are also two small pockets on either side of the Slipstream pack and a vertical front opening pocket which is handy for things I need quickly like my work pass.
The Alpinestars Slipstream Pack is easy to put on, even over a leather jacket, with wide airmesh padded shoulder straps and straps across the chest and waist to keep it secure when riding at speed. I bought the bright yellow version but it is also available in black. There is a large reflective Alpinestars logo on the front of the bag in both the yellow and black versions. 
Everything about the Alpinestars Slipstream pack is rounded and curvy. It’s streamlined with no useless extra bits sticking out. It’s neat, stylish and a great piece of practical kit for everyday use. Motorbikeplanet have them on offer at the moment for £79.99 instead of the RRP which is £124.95 which is a bargain! I never thought that I would spend nearly £80 on a back pack but it does everything I need it to. I would have spent far more on a top box if one had been available so I think that the Alpinestars Slipstream Rider Pack is definitely worth every penny. If you want one you had better pop down to Honda Of Bournemouth soon as they only had a few left when I was there last. The Alpinestars Slipstream pack is still offered for sale at www.motorbikeplanet.co.uk.