Staff choice!

Paul (our Service Manager) tried his new Midland camera XTC-300 at home and on our ride outs. He is our man of action and always willing to try new stuff. We "interviewed" him…

Midland XTC-300 camera

“I bought the top-end camera from the brand Midland that we sell in store at Honda of Bournemouth. Basically, I wanted something good enough to record our rides outs but also to play around at home. I noticed straight away that it is unbelievably easy to use, especially when you point and shoot.
I was impressed by the quality of the camera, even in 720p. The quality for this resolution is fantastic, so you can imagine what it would be with the highest resolution (1080p).
The camera works with a micro SD Card. It is easy to remove. You can plug it in to the USB and download your videos straight to your computer; it is as simple as that!”

The camera in itself is part as a kit. It also includes: a ski mask installation kit, a bicycle helmet installation kit, a helmet installation kit, a handlebar installation kit, a waterproof case (up to 60m) and an 8GB micro card. Obviously, you also get the basic pieces such as an USB cable, a wall charger and a car charger. Paul used most of the features:
“I used the camera on the goggle mount on off-road. The kit is easy to install. To be honest, at the beginning, I was quite scared the camera would fall off the helmet, especially when I was moving, but after a while, I finally came to conclusion that it would never move and would stay firmly in place. I was surprised of how smooth the picture quality was, even though it is on the side of your helmet.

I also had the chance to use the waterproof case, during a diving day. Although I have to admit I was a bit apprehensive to put my brand new camera under water, it worked! I tested it for you; the waterproof case is 100% reliable! The quality is as always amazing with this camera.

This is a picture taken from the film done by Paul under water

Memory wise, you get an 8GB Micro Card. You can get a 32GB for more space (I got mine for £16 on Amazon if this can help…). The battery life is 3 hours of constant use. You will need to bring the charger with you if you are going for a long trip”.

So, what’s not so good then?
“I haven’t used the camera in the rain yet, but it is meant to be waterproof. I am pretty sure I will be apprehensive about this as well…

The other thing I wanted to mention was that initially, I had reservations about not having a view finder/display on the camera, but it appeared not to be a problem. The wide angle lenses allow you to capture pretty much everywhere you point.
Overall, I give 9 out of 10 for this camera! I love it!”


You can get yours in store or online. The top-level camera has a retail price of £199.00, but you can get two cheaper models. For more info, have a look at our website:  http://www.motorbikeplanet.co.uk/products/midland-intercoms-cameras-859/