ALPINESTARS T-GP R AIR JACKET

Summer’s finally here and it’s hot, hot, HOT!! It’s perfect biking weather if you are wearing the right kit. How many times have you been relaxing in the garden and thought ‘I’d love to go for a ride on my bike but it’s just too hot to be wearing leathers’? You don’t want to go out for a ride without some sort of protective clothing but everything you own makes you uncomfortable in this kind of heat. Now you don’t have to compromise! You can have a jacket that has loads of CE Certified protection but will also keep you cool on even the hottest days. This amazing jacket is the Alpinestars T-GP R Air jacket. It’s great for wearing on a summer Sunday ride out in the UK and it’s the perfect jacket to wear on a touring holiday around the hotspots of Europe.


Alpinestars T-GP R Air Jacket

The Alpinestars T-GP Air jacket is incredibly light and made of 600 Denier polyester fabric with hydrophobic mesh panels. It has a long sleeved, fully removable liner which is water resistant so it will keep you dry in a summer shower. It’s not waterproof so if you get caught out in a downpour you will get wet! When the liner is removed it will fold up and can be stored in a tiny space and it’s so light that you won’t notice that you are carrying it. There are also three internal pockets in the liner which are useful for carrying small, lightweight essentials like a credit card or cash. They close with a Velcro tab which will keep your valuables safe.



When you are wearing the Alpinestars T-GR R Air jacket it almost feels as if you aren’t wearing a jacket!
The breeze flows through the mesh panels on the front, back and arms of the jacket and creates a lovely cooling effect around your body. The mesh panels are positioned around the jacket to offer incredible ventilation to leave you feeling fresh and comfortable. The flow of air through the jacket is controlled by the positioning of the strategically placed panels so you never feel like you are being blasted by the wind. I wore this jacket recently on a ride out organised by Honda Of Bournemouth. It was the hottest day of the year so far and a large group of us set off from the shop and went for a ride around the local countryside stopping for breakfast in a café. When I got off of the bike I felt cool and refreshed. I saw some of the other riders removing their heavy leather and textile jackets as soon as we stopped as they were desperate to have a chance to cool down and wring out their sweat soaked t-shirts. It was then that I realised that this jacket is probably one of the best investments that I have made. We may not get many hot days of summer but when we do have a heatwave I want to be out on my bike as much as possible enjoying the sunshine. The Alpinestars T-GP R Air jacket enables me to go out and have fun without feeling like I’m being slowly roasted from the inside out. It’s brilliant!

The Alpinestars T-GP R Air jacket is a sports fit with pre curved sleeves so your arms are in a natural riding position. The armour in the elbows and shoulders is CE Certified and fully removable. The jacket comes with PE (Polyethilene) foam padding in the chest and back compartments but I have upgraded these to the Alpinestars Bionic chest pads and Bio Armour back protector. The PE padding that is fitted as standard in

Alpinestars Bionic Chest Pads

Alpinestars Bio Armour Back Protector

the jacket is great. It’s light, strong, water resistant and flexible at low temperatures but I like to have the peace of mind that comes with upgrading to CE Certified protection. The Alpinestars Bio Armour back protector is slim and molds easily to my body so I hardly notice that it’s there. It’s also perforated to help improve the breathability so is the perfect accessory for this jacket. The Alpinestars Bionic chest protectors are also vented to maintain airflow. There is a zip at the bottom of the jacket that you open to access both the back protector and chest pad compartments.
These compartments are secured with strong Velcro fixings to keep the protectors in place when you have fitted them. Just above this zip is a full length zip that enables me to zip the jacket into my Alpinestars trousers. There are also reflective areas on the sleeves to help make me a little more visible.
The Alpinestars T-GP R Air jacket is the best jacket I have ever worn on a motorcycle on a warm day. As well as keeping me cool it’s just really comfortable. Even the collar is soft so it doesn’t rub on the skin around my neck and the neckline itself is quite low for a sports jacket so I don’t feel constricted. I’m really glad I bought this jacket. I got it in April and when the spring didn’t arrive I was a bit worried that I would never wear it. Now summer is finally here I am using the Alpinestars T-GP R jacket every day. I get home from work, pull on my jacket and go for a cool, refreshing ride Fantastic! Now I hope that this hot weather lasts but if it doesn’t I know that I will have my Alpinestars T-GP R Air jacket ready and waiting to be worn on the first hot day next year and the year after that and after that……
The Alpinestars T-GP R Air jacket is available to buy in store at Honda Of Bournemouth or on their website www.motorbikeplanet.co.uk.